What is the best investment for me?
You have probably asked this question before. You may have also received an unsatisfactory response. This is because there are a number of considerations when choosing the right investments, so providing one answer is almost impossible. In reality, there is no such thing as ‘the best investment’.
Most individuals want a golden ticket of guaranteed returns with little exposure to risk. This is unrealistic so managing your expectations, and selecting the right approach for you is part of our process.
Considerations when choosing the right investment approach:
- What is your current financial position?
- What is your attitude to risk?
- Are your current investments (if any) suitable? For example:
- Do they meet your attitude to risk?
- Are you over exposed in any specific area?
- What are the charges?
- Is the performance as expected?
- What is your investment knowledge?
- Are you utilising the most tax efficient investments? Remember, returns will need to go a long way to beat any tax savings you may be able to make.
- How much disposable income do you have to invest?
- What is your future earning potential?
- Is your current portfolio diversified?
- If in a relationship, are your beliefs on money similar?
- When can you afford to stop doing the things you don’t enjoy?
- Are you due any inheritance?
- Are you utilising all possible individual allowances?
- Do you mind guarantees?
- Are there any specific events you’re planning for?
The above is just the tip of the ice berg. After we have established your current and future lifestyle needs, we’ll delve deep into your current position and work towards creating an investment portfolio that is right for you.