Meet the Team
The CB Team come from a wide range of backgrounds. It’s important that all employees that join the CB team, possess our core values. This forms the foundation of our culture. Come meet the team and find out more.
Founder and Director
Colin founded CB Benefits in 1982, 18 months after completing his degree and working in a small insurance brokerage. Colin then completed further financial qualifications to support his business. He now brings 30 years of experience in establishing employee benefit schemes and financial support services.
Colin has a grown up family, so has a lot of spare time to enjoy cycling, swimming and traveling. He grabs the sun whenever possible. He loves the European mountains for cycling. He enjoys reading historical books and visiting national trust properties, galleries and exhibitions. Particularly in London.
He also tries to get to the theatre (musicals), ballet or opera at least once a month and see as many movies as he can. He paints whenever possible and is also the owner of an online art gallery, Heritage Fine Arts.
- Fun: “I’m a bit of a hippy”
- Most like to visit: France, Spain, Asia and USA. Yet to cycle in Italy
- Supports: Chelsea and the whole spectacle that comes with cycling
- Life Goal: To see my children flourishing in themselves and to hopefully be of some help to those around me.
- Loves: His bikes
- Hates: Nothing – ‘Hating is a waste of good positive energy’
Director and Partner
Dave embarked on the career ladder early and completed a NVQ in a Finance Bank, and has been involved in Finance roles ever since.
He joined CB Benefits in April 2004, where he completed his Financial Qualifications and was appointed a Director in 2008.
Dave brings many years experience as a Financial Adviser and Employee Benefits Consultant. “I take great pride in the high level of service which CB Benefits delivers, and I am proud that we are always looking for innovative ways to enhance the support we provide.”
Dave is a keen guitarist and has been involved in music one way or another from a young age. He also loves sports and enjoys running, football and yoga. He plans to run the Patagonian Marathon!
- Fun: Keen boxing historian. Can name every Heavyweight champion since records began.
- Supports: Manchester United
- Most like to visit: India (again) and Cuba (‘whilst it still has its 1950’s charm’)
- Life Goal: Learn Flamenco guitar and speak Spanish
- Loves: Wife and Children
- Hates: Energy vampires
- Quote: “Plant trees in shade you do not expect to sit.”
Sales and Marketing Manager
Jane recently joined CB Benefits at the end of 2017 after taking a career break to raise her two children. Jane has a degree in Business and Marketing, and has worked in several marketing roles within the IT, Healthcare and Insurance sectors.
In her spare time, when she is not chasing around after her two children, she likes to exercise. She particularly enjoys circuit training and running.
- Most like to visit: Vietnam, South America, and New Zealand
- Supports: Being a proud Welsh woman, she supports the Welsh Rugby team
- Life Goal: Travel more, see the world
- Loves: Her family, prosecco and chocolate
- Hates: Brussel Sprouts
HR and Operations Manager (Assoc CIPD)
Maria joined the company as an account manager in 2006, and worked her way up to her current position as HR and Operations Manager. Maria is one of the longest CB employees as brings loyalty, care and comfort to the team. She loves working with, and developing the different personalities within CB Benefits. Her experience and qualification in Human Resources, helps Maria to understand the many challenges HR face.
In her spare time, Maria likes to read, practice yoga, and is a part of the local ballet team.
- Supports: Arsenal in the UK and her local Ice Hockey Team in Finland
- Most like to visit: Alaska
- Loves: Her family
- Hates: Dishonesty
- Quote: ‘Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over she began to fly’
Senior Account Manager
Samantha has experience working for multiple companies as an Administrator over in South Africa. She migrated to the UK, where she joined CB Benefits in March 2017.
Sam is passionate about fitness, and endeavours to incorporate meditation, yoga and running into her daily routine.
- Most like to visit: Pulau Lombok, Indonesia and Tasmania
- Supports: The Sharks
- Life Goal: Complete the “Fire & Ice Ultra” by 2027
- Loves: Cheese
- Hates: Hypocrites
- Quote: “Sky Above me, Earth Below me, Fire within”
Ria gained a degree in Business and Marketing from Oxford Brookes and worked within the field for a year before she joined CB Benefits in October 2017.
She brings a number of design skills to the company which we have benefited from, as well as a can do attitude.
In her spare time, Ria likes to use her creative juices in arts and crafts with her little sister, baking delicious goodies, and to wind down she enjoys watching a good thriller movie or TV series.
- Most like to visit: Japan
- Life Goal: To start a family
- Loves: Monkeys
- Hate: Irregular circles and holes – I have trypophobia
Dan worked within retail for 3 years after leaving school before he joined CB Benefits in December 2016 as a Business Administration Apprentice, which he successfully completed in 2017. Dan keeps the office environment light and funny with his quick witted personality.
Dan is a ‘gamer’ and loves to watch TV boxsets to relax. He also enjoys Golf, football, reading and walking his dog, Thor.
Growing up, Dan played cricket for Surrey and was also captain of his cricket club at Ripley CC.
- Fun: Has OCD when it comes to checking locked doors.
- Most like to visit: Norway
- Life Goal: To move to Canada and travel around the country
- Loves: Cricket and supports the Kings XI Punjab
- Hates: Slow walking pedestrians
- Quote: “Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.” – Ayrton Senna
Financial Planning Assistant
Antoinette joined the company in June 2014, after working for IBM for 10 years in a Technical Support role.
She brings a positive attitude and a wealth of experience in working with IT based projects and providing excellent customer service.
Antoinette loves dancing and regularly attends a ballet class. When she is not running around after her four children, she loves to cook and winds down with arts and crafts, getting her children involved in being creative.
Fun: Lived in Australia for 2 years
Life Goal: To see my kids grow up happy
Loves: New experiences
Social Media Executive
Megan graduated from Bournemouth University with an Events Management degree, taking one year out in between her studies to gain experience in a Digital Marketing company, running various social media and marketing campaigns for them, and continuing to work there until the end of her degree.
In her free time, Megan likes to spend time planning her next adventures around the world, as well as doing lots of yoga, walking, reading and cooking.
- Supports: Chelsea (because of my Dad)
- Most like to visit: The Lofoten Islands in Norway
- Life Goal: To travel the world (I’m getting there)
- Loves: Meeting new people and hearing their life stories
- Hates: Nothing 🙂
- Favorite quote: ‘Sometimes we forget how beautiful silence is’
Join the Team
It's important that all employees that join the CB team, possess our core values. If you’re interested in working for our dynamic team, we’d like to hear from you: